Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Summer Winding Down

This has been a pretty full summer. It started out with four of us taking a road trip to Omaha to see the College World Series. Along the way we stopped at Las Vegas, Albuquerque (Michelle would agree that it wasn't out of our way), Colorado Springs, and Denver. It was a crazy 14 days and a ton of fun.

I then came back and started an internship with Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, one of Hitachi's companies that makes HDDs. I basically stumbled into this internship and it's been great. I've had fun, learned a lot, got some great experience, and thankfully earned much needed cash for my study abroad experience.

Half-way through the summer (July 25-27) I was flown out to Atlanta by PwC to attend the Leadership Adventure. We heard lectures, did fun activities, and had a big group project requiring 28 teams to build a flotation device out of cardboard. Naturally, my team came in third, although we were DQed for minor reasons...

On my way back from Atlanta I got to stay the weekend in Albuquerque to see Michelle. We went to Santa Fe, bowling, hiking, rode a really long tram, and more. It was great spending some quality time with her.

I'm now wrapping up my internship and getting ready to go to Spain. Things are really falling into place. A lot of pieces were missing to begin with, but thankfully they’ve been filled in. I realize that I'm truly blessed in several ways.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

By now you are probably arriving! Just sitting here in Bellevue after a great weekend with more to come. Looking forward to hearing from you and reading your blog.