Friday, December 7, 2007

Miró Paper

Right now I'm taking a break from my art paper. I'm about a quarter of the way done with it. It's going kind of slow. I'm also having a hard time finding the paintings that I want off the Internet to include in my paper. I didn't expect that to be too difficult.

Anyway, today started off great. I woke up fairly well-rested and then went to a store to buy a couple Christmas gifts. That was fun because I got to use some of my Spanish. The past couple weeks or so, I've noticed that my Spanish is a lot, lot better. True, conversations can be tough, but I can read it pretty good and can form sentences in my head. Often, I'll be thinking of how to ask something, do it nicely, only to be unable to understand the response. Yeah, I have a ways to go, but I'm not letting that get to me. After all, I am in beginner Spanish, and when I compare myself to others (which is always fun) my Spanish is indeed very respectable. Even the other kids say this. Oh yeah, haha.

Anyway, last week my housemates had to put everything away because a maid was coming in to thoroughly clean their room. One of the housemates said that she was going to do the same thing for me today. I put everything away and then asked her when she wanted to clean my room so I could gauge when I should leave the house. She said she wasn't doing that today. Darnit, I shoved everything into drawers for nothing. Great Spanish skills, eh?

Today my goal is to finish my Spanish paper, and I g
ot started on that by going to the Miró museum at Montjuïc. It has a very nice library there, although it was hard to find books in English. I got there around 1pm and worked for about an hour but had to leave because for some reason it closes from 2-3. I walked around Montjuïc a bit and then returned to finish my research. Montjuïc is up a steep hill, so a part of the metro to it is actually a funicular (which is a new word that I learned while out here in Europe). It leaves every 10 minutes. I remember thinking as I was headed to the museum that it would suck to get there right as it was leaving and watch the counter tick down from 10:00. While, when I was heading back to my house, the one ticket machine wasn't working so I had to go to a different turnstile. This slowed me up just enough that I just missed the funicular. I got to watch it close the doors and take off. Now that's ironic.

Okay, I'm going to get back to work on my paper. Tomorrow, when I'm all done with it, I'll give you a little information on who this Spanish painter is.

Have a great weekend everyone. Sounds like December is packed with all kinds of Dupic events back in South Dakota. Have fun with those!

No comments: