Monday, October 15, 2007

NFL and a new job

Last night I met up with some people at this bar/restaurant to watch the Patriots/Cowboys game (darn that Brady...). The game didn't get over until almost 2am our time, if I recall correctly. It was fun to watch a football game, though. And they had some pretty tasty chicken wings, actually.

And today I received instructions for my new job at IES. It's about 3 hours a week at 6€ an hour. It's a pilot program that they just started. There's about 10 of us in it. There's this program called Moodle (www.moodle.org) that can be used to create websites for professors. Different activities and announcements can be made on it. That's about all the information I have. Because it's new, our job is to mess around with it and then teach it to our assigned professor. I was assigned my art teacher, so that worked out well. I'll let you know more when I get more information.

And on a similar note, I've been wondering about the legality of this. I remember that a Belgian my freshman year couldn't be a tutor because his visa didn't allow him to work. IES is also paying us in cash. Um... yeah. Is this some kinda under-the-table situation? Hmm... Oh well, it's money.

And the shirt for today said in big letters:

NO DRUGS

And then in small print underneath:

on monday mornings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha
what a funny shirt!