Monday, September 10, 2007

Similar to Quebec

Hello everyone. To start out with, it's cool to hear that people outside my nuclear family are reading this. I hope you find this entertaining and I wish you all well.

Anyway, tomorrow (Sept. 11) is an important date for those who live in Catalonia (a region in Spain where Barcelona is the capitol). Here's a brief history lesson on this topic by Chad Dupic: Catalonia has its own language and culture but was conquered by Spain in, um, well, I'll find that out later. Anyway, in a nutshell, Catalonia is kinda like Quebec. They speak a different language (but also Spanish) and also want independence like Quebec. Sept. 11 is a day to remember when Spain conquered them (little odd to me to celebrate the day you lost...). Apparently it's a politically charged moment and I'll have more to report tomorrow. Here are some pictures I took around the city today...




I'm excited to see what the deal is. Until next time, chau!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heyy chad.
well make sure you remember
our 9/11. but that picture of the sign saying they weren't spain was kind of funny
=]

i love your blogs =]

<33 chris.

Anonymous said...

Be careful of ETA . . . !!!

-- Carrie